Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blue Chicken

When I last went to the library on Saturday I checked out Sun Records three CD "The Ultimate Blues Collection" with its 75 songs by people like Rufus Thomas, Joe Hill Lewis, Walter Horton, Willie Nix, Earl Hooker, James Cotton, Frank Frost and other greats. Most of the songs were recorded in the early 1950s. I have been listening to it alot in the last couple of days. It even has Rosco Gordon's "The Chicken (Dance with You)" on it. This song is now the official theme song of Otto's Chicken Shack. Do the Chicken at the Shack tonight.

3 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

VERSE 1
I had me some chicken
And I ate it at the shack
Once you've done the chicken
There ain't no going back

CHORUS
Oh, baby, let's do the chicken at the shack tonight. Ya baby, ya baby, ya baby.

VERSE 2
When I get the blues
And my wife is talkin' smack
I just marinate some chicken
And I eat it at the shack

J. Otto Pohl said...

Chris, you are a genius. You must record this song for prosperity. You will go down in history along with Rosco Gordon as one of the great chicken blues artists.

Chris O'Byrne said...

Otto,

When I get back (later this week), I'll record it and send you the mp3!

It's amazing what comes out of a coffee-drenched mind at 4:30 in the morning!!