Friday, November 11, 2005

New Acquisitions

Yesterday I went with my parents into Green Valley. At the White Elephant I found a small couch (Divan) for the Hookah Lounge. It cost a big $45. My uncle is picking it up right now. I also got a new digital camera at Wallmart. So I may be posting some pictures soon. That is if I can one figure out how to use it and can ever get online again. It has become a major daily struggle just to check my e-mail. I lost a big post on cotton in Central Asia yesterday. Chris said he thought my connectivity problems were due to an inadequate telephone infrastructure here rather than my modem or ISP. He suggested satelite, but it sounded quite expensive. It may be the only way, however, to get reliable internet service here.

3 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

A divan? Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...

J. Otto Pohl said...

The divan is great. It was custom made for a Mr. and Mrs. Weaver of Indiana. You will have to come over and smoke the peace pipe on it with me.

Chris O'Byrne said...

Ah, such a rich history. I remember the Weavers quite well. Didn't their son go off to that one school to play that sport he was so good at?

I will most assuredly come over to partake of the pipe. Perhaps after Thanksgiving when we return from the frozen tundra called Minnesota.