Friday, December 23, 2005

Some Good News for Christmas

In the last couple weeks I have gotten a few pieces of good news. First, I finally finished revising my book chapter for the project in DC and sent it off. I sent a "carbon copy" to Austin as well just to make sure somebody in charge receives it. I have been having trouble connecting to the internet again. The original complaint made in the declarations of Mesilla and Tucson about lack of adequate communication infrastructure in southern Arizonza has never been properly addressed. But, then again neither has the complaint about failure to secure the border. However, it has only been 144 years so I am sure they will get to it soon. Second, the graduate student I helped with a research paper earlier this month got an A on the paper and in the class. I just got a thank you note from him. Finally, most importantly, my father's bypass surgery this week was a success. He and my mother will not be able to make it out to the ranch for Christmas because of it. But, I am very glad they found the blocked arteries and bypassed them before he had a heart attack. The population of Serenity Ranch wishes Dr. Pohl Sr. a very speedy recovery.

4 comments:

Frank said...

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, JOP! I wanted to send you an e-card, but you don't have it listed.

I'm glad to hear about your father and hope he remains well.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Thanks Frank, I talked to my father tonight and he is recovering quite well.

Sara Mathewson said...

Otto and Jim,

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year! Otto, tell you father Chris and I wish him a speedy recovery. I am glad he made it through the surgery just fine. Wish your folks a Merry Christmas from us!

KRISTIN said...

Good to hear that about your father!