Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My current activities

I had my second interview on Sunday. I am still waiting to hear the results. Thanks to everybody who e-mailed me wishing me luck. Besides waiting patiently to hear about the job I have been reading, writing and walking. Recently I have been reading about Siberia, the Second Chechen War (1999 on) and Mennonites. My current book manuscript is up to 105 pages now. I still need to complete the chapter on the 1980s and I have not even started the chapter on 1917 to 1920. I skip around alot when I write long pieces. Other than that the work is almost done. I am not sure what my next writing project will be yet. This summer I should have two book chapters and a journal article come out in print. In the fall I have an encyclopedia article scheduled for publication. I will post the details when they come out.

4 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Wow, things are heating up! Won't Jim miss you? Won't you miss Arivaca? Or are you ready for a change?

J. Otto Pohl said...

Yes, Jim will miss me. Yes, I will miss Arivaca. Most importantly, yes I am ready for a change. I should be teaching students.

Randy McDonald said...

I've lost your E-mail. Can you contact me?

J. Otto Pohl said...

My e-mail is pohlcat [the at sign] rocketmail [the dot] com.