Saturday, June 02, 2007

Work that needs to be done

I only have one writing project left to finish this summer. It is a peer review report for a journal article. I am going to try and get most of it done by Tuesday. Once that is done I am not tackling any intellectual tasks not directly related to my new job for at least a couple of months.

It looks like the pump on the well at my uncle's ranch finally died. Tomorrow I have to help him pull it up from the well shaft. The pump is over thirty years old so it is a miracle it lasted this long. It is also probably fortunate for my uncle that it died before I left Arivaca. Otherwise he would be stuck doing the heavy lifting needed to replace it by himself.

The daily chores at Chris and Sara's place are pretty easy. They are certainly a lot easier than pulling up the pump from the well is going to be. The amount of labor needed to maintain a small egg laying chicken farm is amazingly minimal.

No comments: