Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Walking in Bishkek

In the evenings I will often walk back home from my place of work. It is about six miles (10 km), or almost the same distance as the route between Serenity Ranch and downtown Arivaca. The streets of Bishkek are lined with lots of trees planted back during the Soviet era. So it is a rather pleasant walk. But, one does have to be careful of the many uncovered manholes that punctuate the sidewalks here. Falling down one of them could result in serious injury or death.

4 comments:

Abed said...

Photos please!! Pictures of Bishkek would be nice...

J. Otto Pohl said...

Abed, I will see what I can do. But, I am very poor with photographic technology. I think I will have to find somebody to help me.

KRISTIN said...

HEY! I'm happy to see that you have made it there and all! But to walk TEN kilometers!!!! you must be crazy!! I would walk 2 or 3 max, I think, no, two, max, not 3. Walking is a very healthy activity though, so keep going!
As for photography - there's nothing easier! You just buy (or have) a digital cam and a proper cord (wire) for it, should be USB I think, but you can ask from any photo store. Once you take pics and want to upload them to your computer, you just connect 2 devices and the computer will find your cam type and software for it all by itself. Then it will upload the photos, you just have to click OK and Next and Finish - as it tells you to do and then you go to blogger and click upload photos. It's really simple!
Do you have Yahoo messenger? I could help you in real time if there's something you want to know more about it! Of course my English is horrible, but an intelligent person like you should still figure it out ;))
HAVE A NICE DAY, OTTO!
I can't wait for the pics either!

KRISTIN said...

Hehee :) I see that you are online too at the moment. Your blog is still on American time. It's 2:22pm here and should be even later for you, right?