Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New Publication Coming Soon I Hope

I finally got my copy edited proofs for my chapter, "Loss, Retention, and Reacquisition of Social Capital by Special Settlers in the USSR, 1941-1960." It is scheduled to appear in Cynthia Buckley and Blair Ruble (eds.), Going Home? Population Movements and Belonging in Eurasia (Washington DC: Woodrow Wilson Center Press, 2008). I have a deadline of 28 December 2007 to make the corrections and return the proofs. So I hope the book finally sees print sometime early next year. The book is the result of two workshops I attended at the Kennan Institute in 2004 and 2005.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Congrats on your upcoming publication in a 2008 book published by Kennan Institute. Keep up the GREAT work you are doing! Seems Bishkek suits you for getting your research done without too many demands on your time. That is, now that you are finished with reading and grading papers. Enjoy your long deserved semester break!

Randy McDonald said...

Congratulations! Which groups will you be examining?

J. Otto Pohl said...

Kristina: Actually I have not done any research yet in Bishkek. All the research for this book chapter as well as the others I have coming out soon I did elsewhere. There is a three to four year gap between finishing an academic piece and when it appears in print. In particular for this piece I did a lot of research at the Library of Congress.

Randy: The chapter mostly examines the Russian-Germans, Crimean Tatars, Chechens and Karachais.