Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The problem with course reading packets

I am still pretty busy. I still have students registering for classes. By now they have missed the first three weeks of class. Getting extra reading material photocopied for these students is becoming a major hassle. It seems that no matter how many readers I get made there are still students in my classes that did not get one. In the future I am going to only assign journal articles available on JSTOR and other databases for which the university has a subscription. I did this for one class this semester and it has saved me a lot of grief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At my college we have "e-reserve": you give the library the article and they scan it and make it available online as a PDF document. Maybe your school has something similar. If not, scanning and downloading to a password-protected site might work just as well and avoid copyright problems.