Saturday, March 21, 2009

My very cool Nooruz gift

Today I found this comment on my blog from one of my former students. It came just in time for Persian New Year. I was so touched that I have decided to give it a proper post of its own.

Dear Dr. Pohl,

If you do not mind, I took my Sunday to read your Blog from the year of its creation until the semester we have met. I remain to be your reader from 2007 and on. You struggled for couple years. I am sorry you have been denied to realize your goals for such a long time. I just wanted to tell you, as your student, that You did prove them wrong concerning your teaching ability. You have set up an example of an academic who KNOWS his field. I am thankful to you that you have shared your expertise with me and my fellow students in class of Political Culture, and Borders & Migrations. I am also thankful that you have become more than an instructor to many of your students and have facilitated us to grow to our potential. You have added invaluable academic reputation to the International and Comparative Politics department of AUCA by pushing ICP students to think broader and deeper through a unique perspective.Thank You!!!

Respectfully,

Farhad

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Students have NO idea how their comments can affect our wellbeing as teachers. I say that I get paid in positive student feedback and I am NOT teaching in Central Asia for the money, that is for sure! Make sure you keep all such "gifts" that you get like this example in a place where you can go to regularly to rejuvenate and refresh your spirit as to why YOU are teaching this young, bright minds! Kudos to you!

Chris O'Byrne said...

This was VERY touching!