Monday, January 28, 2013

Publications on things African, German, and Soviet

Today was the first day of class and not many students showed up. But, today was hectic getting syllabi copied, dealing with a never ending stream of students, having to resubmit two different manuscripts due to technical problems, and I still have to finish grading. On the bright side it looks like my book chapter on cotton in German Togoland I co-wrote with Felix Longi will be out soon. I also have a journal article that will be published online next week I hope. The title of the article is "Hewers of Wood and Drawers of Water: The Russian-Germans in the Labour Army" and it should appear in the journal of the The Eurasia Studies Society of Great Britain and Europe, vol. 2, no. 1, February 2013. Finally, my chapter on Blacks in the USSR will probably appear in print this summer. I will keep everybody updated on when and where my publications appear. I am hoping to have enough publications under my belt in the next couple of years to apply for promotion.

No comments: